Thursday, August 20, 2015

In the Balance


A little to the left.   Nope, too much.  A smidge to back to the right.   Forward a hair.  Right there!  
The Balance Point.

I'm prone to depression and anxiety.  And every day is a delicate balancing act to keep them both in check.  I get up at the same time every day,  eat healthy, exercise, write, read, disconnect from my phone and social media in the evenings,  spend time outside and go to bed early.  Most days this regimen helps me cope.   But most days aren't every day.

The thing with balance is you'll eventually lose it. 

Because in the battle between balance and gravity, gravity is going to win sometimes.  It's a law of physics after all.  What goes up must come down and all that.  (Ok, I never actually took physics ...but whatever, the analogy still works.)   Eventually,  you're gonna lose your balance.  Over and over again in fact.  After all, there's Acts of God at play.  And sometimes he doesn't play very nice at all and knocks you clean on your ass.  That's when it all seems so formidable.  And the very last thing you want to do is...well...anything.

Which is precisely when you need to get off your ass and start balancing again.  

No, no one else understands how bad you feel.  And nope, no one else can do it for you.  Yup, it sucks.  Yes, it's unfair.  Quit whining and making excuses and do it anyway.  Because your happiness lies in the  balance.    

*This may have been a pep talk to myself.








4 comments:

Vapid Vixen said...

I think my favorite part of this was the little itty disclaimer at the bottom. Made me smile.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

A wise message, and the disclaimer is perfect. Because no fraud.

Marie Loerzel said...

@Vapid Vixen-Thank you so much!
@Nancy-Phew!

Unknown said...

Great post, and I totally relate. Sometimes is does feel like someone is playing with your life. You do just have to get up and rebalance. It is tough sometimes, and lonely but you just get on with it. I love the disclaimer too. Well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...