I'm Sagittarius. Not that I read my horoscope or anything, but I do have a very Sagittarius personality. Optimistic, adventurous, free-spirited and straightforward with a love of travel. See, it sounds like me doesn't it? Me and Stalin, who's also Sagittarius. Which just proves this astrology stuff isn't 100% accurate. Or maybe it's that I didn't get the opportunity to get to know the real happy-go-lucky Joseph Stalin underneath the tyrannical communist dictator exterior. Either way, I find it fun to excogitate about how we define ourselves as individuals because I'm deep and intellectual like that. Because my sign says I am and because I used the word excogitate. That's how I know it's true.
A couple of days ago, I got on-line to rate a book on Goodreads and yada, yada, yada...I ended up clicking on an article titled 21 Secrets of the Sagittarius Personality. Sagittarians are also really curious, so I had no choice but to read it. Because I had to know what these secrets were and whether or not they were true. We're also really into brutal honesty. So without further ado, here are 21 secrets about Sagittarians per Zodiacfire.com and my brutally honest thoughts about them.
1. Sagittarius is an optimist that dreams big.
I have four kids and I've traveled around the world with them. First when they were toddlers and now as teens. I'm either an unrealistic optimist who dreams big or clinically insane.
2. Sagittarius is candid and honest.
If I say it, I mean it. Or I will say nothing at all. This might explain why I'm so quiet.
3. Sagittarius is witty and has a wicked sense of humor.
I tell my husband how witty I am all the time, just ask him!
4. Sagittarius is independent and hates being told how to live.
I firmly believe that rules do not apply to me, especially the stupid ones. I am the exception, dammit!
5. Sagittarius can be restless and impatient..
I feel like it would be a huge waste of time to even comment on this.
6. Sagittarius can read you like a book.
And I'm a really selective reader. I like my books interesting, witty, intelligent and real, so be those things or GTFO.
7. Sagittarius is allergic to bullshit.
I was sneezing. What did you say?
8. Sagittarius can't stand selfish people or sore losers.
True. And I'm adding whiny winners and every other one of Donald Trump's personality traits on to this.
9. Sagittarius is hard to fool and is always thinking 10 steps ahead.
I don't know about 10, that's kind of a lot and I'm not that organized, but definitely at least two.
10. Sagittarius seeks out freedom and is extremely hard to pin down.
I know this because I've wrestled in jello and no one pinned me down. And I think everyone knows freedom is best symbolized by jello wrestling.
11. Sagittarius can become ruthless when they feel they've been wronged.
Don't put a stupid flier underneath the windshield of my car in a parking lot or I swear I'll drive all over town with that thing until it finally blows off. FEEL MY WRATH!
12. Sagittarius isn't afraid to take risks in life.
I got food poisoning eating from a floating food boat in Thailand and then got on a plane with restricted toilet access. DON'T TELL ME ABOUT RISKS!
13. Sagittarius are creative and extremely curious.
I'm a writer who pole dances and doesn't even earn a living. How's that for creative? And I'm extremely curious how much more money I'd earn if I was a stripper.
14. Sagittarius is spontaneous and just plain fun to be around.
If you think reading books on the couch with a glass of wine or watching a documentary on a Friday night is fun and spontaneous then...I AM SO DAMN FUN AND SPONTANEOUS!
15. Sagittarius loves to prove people wrong.
Usually this is true, but with Trump, this is the first time in my life that I really hope I'm totally and completely wrong. But, I don't think I am.
16. Sagittarius tries to avoid petty drama and instead focuses on what's important to them.
This is why I don't go to PTO meetings, watch The Bachelor and also why I'm not on Facebook much.
17. Sagittarius is careful about who they give their heart to and takes time to commit.
I've been married for 24 years and I'm still not sure I'm fully committed. Maybe I'll know in 24 more.
18. When Sagittarius is hurting they can distance themselves from others and conceal their emotions.
I distance myself from others all the time, not just when I'm hurt, because I'm a real introvert's introvert like that.
19. Sagittarius doesn't hold grudges and leaves the past in the past.
I really don't hold grudges, but that's really just because you're dead to me.
20. Sagittarius is always there for their loved ones when they need them most.
I'm not "there" for people as much as I'm "here" for them. So I'd prefer you come over to my house where we can talk about your problems and you can see first hand that mine are actually bigger than yours.
21. Sagittarius is adventurous and loves to explore new things.
Everything except eating organ meats, chicken feet and beaks, I've tried them and they're disgusting.
Well, there you have it,
all 21 of my deepest, darkest Sagittarius secrets revealed.